Autoinst Installation Guide
This guide describes the steps for installing Autoinst on a UNIX system from source code.
In order to install Autoinst, your system should meet the following requirements:
- Apache 2.0 or 2.2. Apache 2 is required because mod_dav_svn requires it.
- Python 2.3 through 2.6 can be used. The system has been tested on Python 2.4 and 2.6.
- Subversion 1.4 or 1.5 with the Python bindings.
- libxml2 2.5.20 or higher, with the Python bindings.
- libxslt 1.0.3 or higher, with the Python bindings.
- lxml 2.1 or higher
For systems that only need to install 'aiupdate', only Python 2.3 thru 2.6 is required. An explanation of the difference between a full Autoinst install and 'aiupdate' can be found in the UserGuide.
Getting the Source Code
The Autoinst source code can be found here:
Or, you can check the source code out of the Autoinst Subversion repository by following these instructions.
Installing the Package
Autoinst is written completely in Python, so there is no compiling necessary. To install the package on your system, you can simply use the following commands:
$ cd autoinst $ python setup.py install
If you have problems with the steps in this document, or something doesn't work and the documentation doesn't help, feel free to post your questions to the Autoinst user discussion list: